i've furnished my apartment with light, privacy, and all the trinkets necessary to craft those personal little moments which make me thankful. living alone has granted me full range of freakdom, a foreign but welcome sweetness.
i like waking up early, trying to catch the moment when that first sun ray reaches up into the sky.
i like eating ice cream in bed and having seconds.
i like turning the top of my dresser into a weekly-rotating arrangement of my favorite things.
i like brewing my double espresso while singing along to 'yellow coat' by screamin' jay hawkins.
i like taking my 30-odd bottles of perfume to bed with me.
i like moving all the furniture to the corners of my tiny studio and using this makeshift dance floor to practice my pirouettes.
i recommend finding the time to peel apples for tartes aux pommes, to water your plants with a choreographed dance, to make up a fava-bean-shelling tune, and to find at least ten beautiful things every day.
This entry makes me think how excited I will be when I get to move out and alone. At that point it will only matters what I like. I only have to add,buy,and eat what I like. I love the repetettion in this, it really gives it a voice!
ReplyDeleteThis is written beautifully, I really do feel like I know your mornings and how you move around your apartment, regardless of how creepy that sounds...
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYour descriptions are vivid, simple, and relate-able. Thank you for allowing me to escape the confines of my family's house and sneak me into the world of living alone.
ReplyDeletei really like this blog, i cant wait until i can do whatever i want. the part about all the little things you've been doing is really quirky and cute.
ReplyDelete